The Home & Community Services Program is a voluntary teaching and educational program that follows the principles of the Recovery Model for individuals with mental health, intellectual disability, aging, and clutter issues. The program is intended to support individuals in developing, enhancing or maintaining independent living skills. The service takes place in the individual’s home as well as in the community.
The Home & Community Services Program encourages individuals to reach their fullest potential in life. Home & Community Services also strives to reduce the need for long-term placements, hospitalizations and home displacements while improving the quality of life for individuals and their families.
The Home & Community Services Program:
- Promotes safety and independence in the home and community
- Enhances the quality of life
- Promotes choice and empowerment
- Adheres to the Recovery Model principles
Home & Community Services are available to individuals across the Life Stages:
- Children & Families
- Emerging Adults
- Older Adults
The Home & Community Services Program provides direct instruction and support in the following areas:
- personal management
- household management
- money management
- grocery shopping and meal planning
- medication management
- assistance with chronic lice issues
- other areas the individual, casemanager and Direct Service Worker identify as needing to be developed to support the individual’s independence in the community
The individuals must be open through the Venango County Mental Health and Developmental Services; Children, Youth & Family Services (CYFS); or Older Adult Services (OAS). To determine eligibility, please contact the Venango County Base Service Unit at 814-432-9753.